When you have a missing or damaged tooth, your jaw bone starts to deteriorate. The longer it is left untreated, the more its effect will begin showing in your face’s appearance. If your tooth is removed but not replaced, then the jaw bone will start to shrink in that area. It might not seem like a big issue in the starting, but when the bone starts deteriorating, it can lead to problems for other teeth nearby and affect your jawbone structure. Getting dentures can provide some support, but it can put stress on the other tooth resulting in teeth loss. So if you want to avoid such problems and improve your face shape, dental implants in New Hyde Park can provide you a permanent solution.
How do dental implants improve the facial appearance?
When it comes to dental implants, they not only improve your smile but also enhance your facial appearance. Here is how dental implants improve facial appearance:
- Dental implants strengthen the jawbone and prevent further bone deterioration.
- Dental implants keep your gums from shrinking, and as bone mass is restored, it has a positive impact on facial features.
- Dental implants help restore your natural shape face and youthful appearance.
- Dental implants effectively reduce jowls, turkey neck, sunken cheeks, and other aging signs for people who have several missing teeth.
- Dental implants provide the required stimulus for your body to react as if it is a natural tooth root. As a result, it prevents bone loss and stimulates new bone growth to keep the bone, jaw, and facial structure flawless.
- Dental implants act as a natural tooth, and you can eat anything without restricting your diet to easily chewable or liquid diets. When you are getting proper nutrition, it also shows in your face’s appearance.